Urology & Andrology of Thu Cuc International Hospital is a prestigious address in the examination and treatment of diseases of the urinary system and male genital organs.
1. Scope of service
Urology and Andrology provides services including the examination, diagnosis and treatment of diseases:
1.1. Treatment of urinary tract stones (including kidney stones, ureteral stones, urethral stones and bladder stones)
Small stones: Medical treatment (using drugs) to push the stones out through the urinary tract.
Big stones: Use of lithotripsies which are:
– ESWL (Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy): The patient is lying on the machine. Shock waves from the machine impact the stone and break the stone into small pieces. The stone will be passed out of the body in the urine without surgery or pain, the patient can go home immediately.
– Retrograde ureteroscopy with laser: the doctor will put the endoscope up to the urethra to access the stone, and then use the laser to break up the stone and suck it out. After the procedure, the patient will feel little pain without scar and can be discharged after 24 hours.
– Mini percutaneous nephrolithotomy: Applied to kidney stones which are large, long-existed and solid. The doctor will make a small 5mm incision on the back to insert the endoscope to break up the stone, and then pump and suck it out. This method is less painful, safe and allows a faster recovery than open surgery.
– Flexible ureteroscopy lithotripsy: Similar to retrograde ureteroscopy, this method helps remove the stone smoothly, without incision, allowing a safe, fast recovery.
– Complicated cases that can not be treated by the above-mentioned methods, surgical interventions such as retroperitoneal laparoscopic ureterolithotomy or open surgery to remove stones will be requested.
1.2. Treatment of ureteral stricture
In simple cases, the methods that will be used are ureteroscopy, dilation and ureteral stent placement.
Complicated cases will employ:
– Uureterotracheal upstream endoscopy with a laser vaporization (tra lại)
– Surgery to reshape the renal pelvis – ureter
1.3. Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
Simple cases: small-sized BPH that has not caused complications can be treated with prescribed drugs.
Complicated cases: in case of ineffective medical treatment or BPH that has caused serious complications, doctors may request surgical treatment (laparoscopic surgery).
1.4. Examination and treatment of some common andrological diseases
– Prepuce dilation and circumcision for the treatment of phimosis
– Surgical treatment of varicocele
2. Medical team
In charge of Urology & Andrology at Thu Cuc International Hospital is Dr. Pham Huy Huyen. Dr. Huyen has nearly 40 years of experience in the profession.
– Former Head of Department of Urology at St. Paul Hospital
– General Secretary of Hanoi Society of Nephrology and Urology, Vice President of Northern Society of Nephrology and Urology.
– Member of the Executive Committee of the National Urology Association.
Other doctors are well-trained and experienced in the examination and treatment of urinary diseases.
3. Medical equipment:
Thu Cuc International General Hospital invests in much medical equipment to effectively support examination and treatment such as:
– Out-of-body gravel scraper system with high capacity and very little noise
– One-way sterile operating room system and other synchronous equipment, such as anesthesia with breathing machine, Karl Storz’s – endoscope, anesthesia machine with breathing, monitors monitoring patient’s survival index, modern operating room lighting.
– The 64 – 128 slice scanner helps to construct detailed images of the urinary system (including the kidneys, ureters, and bladder)
– MRI scanner
– The testing system by Robot Power Express has a very fast sample processing speed
4. Inpatient care
Patients who are examined and treated at the Urology and Andrology Department of Thu Cuc International Hospital will be attentively cared for.
All surgical treatments (lithotripsy or surgery) will be taken care of in a fully equipped private room. Personal supplies are provided by the hospital.
Tasty and nutritious meals are provided.
Nurses are available 24 hours a day to assist patients at any time.
5. Maximum support for foreign patients:
For foreign patients, a team of experienced interpreters is always ready to provide enthusiastic support during the examination, treatment and procedures such as medical records and insurance payment guarantee.
Foreign patients can schedule medical examination and surgery by telephone so that they do not have to wait long.
In addition, Thu Cuc Hospital associates with most of the insurance companies on the market, assisting with payment of guarantee insurance for foreign customers.
DEPARTMENT OF UROLOGY AND ANDROLOGY
Address: 286 Thụy Khuê, Tây Hồ, Hà Nội
Appointment booking: 1900 5588 92