The Urology – Andrology department at Thu Cuc International General Hospital is a prestigious place in the examination and treatment of the common diseases of the urinary system and the male genital organs today. With 3 main advantages: good doctors, application of modern technologies that are less invasive, quickly recover and the caring regime like the family, the department has become a prestigious place that is loved by a large number of patients around the whole country and they believe in the choice of the treatment and care of the health of the urinary system.
1. The scope of service
The Urology – Andrology department provide the examination, diagnosis and treatment services for the following diseases:
1.1. Treatment of the urinary stones (including the kidney stones, the ureteral stones, the urethral stones, the bladder stones)
For small stones: internally medical treatment (drugs), such as: smooth muscle relaxants, diuretics, pain relievers… to push the stones out through the urinary tract.
For large stones: remove the gravel with the most advanced and high-tech lithotripsy methods today. The following details:
– Extracorporeal lithotripsy: using electromagnetic shockwaves outside the body to impact the stone and break it into small pieces, the gravel will slowly drift out. Patients do not need to perform surgery, so they do not feel pain and do not need to stay in the hospital, and they can go home right after that.
– Retrograde endoscopic lithotripsy by laser: remove stones in a “natural” way, so there is no incision, no bleeding, no scar, little pain, and 24 hours can be discharged.
– Small tunnel percutaneous endoscopic lithotripsy: This method completely replaces the open surgery to help remove the large stones and the complex stones effectively, with little pain, safely, and quickly recover through only a small incision of 5mm like a ballpoint pen tip.
– Flexible endoscopic lithotripsy: similar to the retrograde endoscopic lithotripsy, this method also removes the stones following the “natural” way, helping the patients remove stones smoothly, without incisions, safely and quick recovery.
For the complicated urinary stones, which do not meet the treatment with the mentioned modern lithotripsy methods above, The Urology – Andrology department of Thu Cuc Health System can convert to other surgical interventions such as:
– Laparoscopic retroperitoneal surgery to remove stones
– Open surgery to remove stones
1.2. Treatment of Ureteral stenosis
For mild cases: ureteroscopy, dilation of the narrowed segment and placement of JJ sonde.
For severe cases:
– Retrograde endoscopic to remove the ureteral sclerosis by the evaporative laser
– Reconstructive surgery of renal pelvis – ureter
1.3. Treatment of Prostate cancer
For mild cases: small prostate fibroids which have not caused complications, may be appointed to the internal medical treatment (with drugs).
For severe cases: the internal medical treatment is ineffective or the prostate fibroids have caused the serious complications, doctors may appoint to the laparoscopic surgery to remove the prostate fibroids.
1.4. Examination and treatment of some common Andrology diseases
– Dilatation, circumcision to treat the stenosis of the foreskin
– Surgery to treat the varicose veins of the testicles
2. Good staff of doctors
In charge of The Urology – Andrology department at Thu Cuc International General Hospital is Dr. Pham Huy Huyen – 2nd Degree Specialist. Dr. Huyen has more than 40 years of working experience, known as the “golden hand” for the painless lithotripsy, successfully treating many difficult stone cases that seem impossible to remove.
The doctor is also the General Secretary of the Hanoi Association of Nephrology and Urology, Vice President of the Northern Association of Nephrology and Urology, and a member of the Executive Committee of the National Association of Urology.
Before cooperating with Thu Cuc Hospital, Dr. Huyen was former Head of Urology Department of Saint Paul General Hospital.
In addition, there are many other experienced and specialized doctors who are always ready to enthusiastically support patients to overcome all worries about the disease.
Dr. Pham Huy Huyen – 2nd Degree Specialist – Deputy Director in charge of The Urology – Andrology department of Thu Cuc International General Hospital.
3. Modern medical equipments
In order to serve the process of the examination and accurate diagnosis, effective and safe treatment, the Urology – Andrology department of Thu Cuc International General Hospital is invested with many modern and high-tech medical equipments such as:
– High-power lithotripsy of the external-body helps to break all types of stones, with the very low noise.
– One-way sterile operating room system with other synchronous equipment such as anesthesia and breathing apparatus, Karl Storz endoscope, anesthesia machine with breathing, a monitor to follow patient’s vitals, modern operating room lighting system … maximally support for the high-tech lithotripsy, pyelonephritis – urethroplasty surgery, prostatectomy, circumcision ….
– The system of the 64 – 128 rows computerized tomography (MSCT) helps to make detailed visualization of the urinary system (including kidneys, ureters, bladder).
– High-end MRI machine.
– Testing system by Robot Power Express has extremely fast sample processing speed, bringing accurate diagnostic results.
4. Care regime like a family
Patients who examine and treat at the Urology – Andrology department of Thu Cuc International General Hospital will receive thoughtful support from the moment they enter the hospital until they go home.
A staff of professional receptionists and nurses will assist patients to complete their documents and procedures quickly. Cases of the surgical treatment (lithography or surgery) will be cared for like a family in a fully-furnished private room. The hospital will also provide all necessary personal items so that the patients can go “empty” for the surgery.
Regarding the daily diet, there is a hospital kitchen with a designed menu to suit the nutritional needs of the patients, process to ensure the food safety and hygiene and suitable for their taste.
Nurses on duty 24/7 are always ready to assist the patients at any time.
Therefore, the patients always feel comfortable like at home, especially those who come from the remote provinces will not be confused and feel assured while a treatment.
Patients are assured while a treatment and feel comfortable like at home with the support of the professional nurse’s staff.
5. The reasonable cost
The cost of the diseases’ examination and treatment under the Department of Urology – andrology of Thu Cuc International General Hospital is assessed at the medium level, suitable with the income of most people.
Especially, Thu Cuc Hospital applies for a payment policy under health insurance and guarantee insurance to bring the highest benefits to the patients. Insurance specialists are ready to assist in completing the procedures and making the payments quickly, ensuring the maximum benefits in accordance with the regulations.
To schedule an appointment for the examination and treatment with the Urology – Andrology department of Thu Cuc International General Hospital, the patients should contact the hotline: 1900 558 892 for being supported and answered to all questions.