Gastrointestinal endoscopy service is one of the strengths of Thu Cuc Health System. The Department of Functional Exploration – Endoscopy is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, gathers a team of qualified doctors, and professional and dedicated medical services. Therefore, this is a trusted place of examination by many patients.
1. Pioneer in updating the modern endoscopic technology
Thu Cuc TCI takes the lead in applying for the most modern endoscopic technologies with a variety of options and being suitable for everyone. Patients are advised to choose the most suitable endoscopic technology and effectively screen for gastrointestinal diseases including cancer.
1.1. High-end endoscopic technology MCU – Treat cancer early in 1 day
MCU endoscopy is a combination of the stained magnifying endoscopy (MCE) and endoscopic ultrasound (EUS). This new technology brings a breakthrough in early diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal cancer just for 1 day instead of 5-7 days as usual.
The victory strength of MCU endoscopic’s early gastrointestinal cancer comes from:
– The ability to magnify the image up to hundreds of times, detect abnormalities with the smallest size, minimize the loss of lesions.
– Physical staining with specialized dyes, safe for the gastrointestinal tract, clarifying the structure of blood vessels/surface glands and lesion boundaries. Based on the staining characteristics of the lesion, each gastrointestinal tract’s site will use different dyes. Thereby, the doctor can predict the malignancy, evaluate whether it is cancer or not.
– Endoscopic ultrasound clearly identifies the extent of invasion and the advanced stage of the lesion.
– Combined with the immediate biopsy while endoscopy, results in diagnosis of esophageal – stomach – colorectal cancer in a few hours.
– In case of the lesion is precancerous or cancerous at a very early stage, the doctor will remove it right away during the endoscopic surgery without the open abdominal surgery thanks to EMR resection, ESD submucosal dissection. The lesion is completely removed, minimizes the risk of bleeding and the perforation complications. The patient maintains the gastrointestinal tract, avoiding the open surgery.
1.2. NBI-5P endoscope technology for early detection of cancer
NBI-5P endoscope technology uses narrow band light with 2 wavelengths 415nm and 540 nm. This light can penetrate the mucosa for having sharp and highly-focused observation in essential areas. NBI-5P helps to detect lesions on the mucosal surface of the gastrointestinal tract and the capillary system that nourishes the mucosa. Therefore, this technology easily detects the abnormal proliferation of superficial microvascular system at the tumor site. This superior visualization makes it possible for doctors to diagnose precancerous tissues from the beginning.
Besides, the NBI-5P endoscope has the ability of magnifying the image up to hundreds of times. Close-up and sharp images increase the ability of detection of the smallest lesions. Dual Focus technology also allows the endoscope to approach the lesion at the closest distance (from 2 to 6mm). The width of view is almost constant compared to the normal mode. This feature creates conditions of advantages for the doctor to observe from comprehension to concentration, accurately diagnose and optimize the execution time.
The ability of the sharp observation under the mucosa combined with the superior image magnification helps NBI-5P endoscopic technology to point out tumors and precancerous tissues from the beginning. On the other hand, during endoscopy the doctor may perform the suspected lesion’s biopsy and carry out a histopathological test. From there, the doctor will accurately diagnose cancers and other digestive diseases.
MCU advanced endoscopy technology and NBI-5P endoscope is the golden solution to help to comprehensively check the digestive health, screen for early detection of cancer, increase the chances of successful treatment for the patients.
2. Painless Gastrointestinal endoscopy – The resort version
Besides, the ability of the accurate diagnosis of digestive diseases, gastroscopy – colonoscopy at TCI also gives patients an extremely gentle and smooth experience.
The painless endoscopic method at the Department of Functional Exploration – Endoscopy uses an automatic electric injection pump that controls the anesthesia according to the target concentration (Target Controlled Infusion – TCI). This device is capable of calculating the appropriate amount of the anesthetic for each patient based on the following indicators: age, gender, height, weight, etc. At the same time, the automatic electric injection pump will maintain the stable anesthesia concentration and a continuous anesthetic line. Patients sleep well during the endoscopy, without nausea, pain or discomfort. Notably, the anesthetic in the endoscopy at TCI has natural ingredients, ensuring the highest safety for patients. Immediately after the end of the endoscopy, the patient will quickly regain consciousness, completely without affecting the health.
With the colonoscopy, the TCI doctor uses CO2 gas to pump into the colon during the procedure. CO2 has the ability to absorb 100 times faster than conventional nitrogen-rich inert gas. Therefore, patients do not have an abdominal distension and bloating after colonoscopy, polyp removal or when removing the precancerous tissues.
Besides, TCI also uses colon cleansing pills to drink easily, help to clean fast, comfortably and effectively. Cleansing the colon is an indispensable step before the colonoscopy, ensuring a convenient colonoscopy process, not missing any diseases, and being safe when performing procedures.
On the other hand, endoscopic techniques at TCI are performed directly by a team of highly qualified and experienced doctors. The doctor’s skill helps the patients have the most comfortable experience.
3. Ultra-clean endoscopic procedure
In order to ensure the maximum safety for the endoscopic process, Department of Functional Exploration – Endoscopy at TCI pioneers in performing the ultra-clean endoscopic procedure. This process helps to prevent from the cross-contamination of infectious diseases, as well as decrease the clinical tests.
– Instead of reusing medical instruments such as biopsy pliers, canuyn (a fixed piece for the open mouth during gastroscopy), oxygen glasses, etc., Thu Cuc TCI uses a completely new set of tools. Each patient is provided with a separate, non-shared, reusable set.
– Medical tools such as infusions, infusion lines, alcohol cotton, etc., are guaranteed to be intact with labels, newly peeled on the spot.
– The endoscope is disinfected at the high level by the state-of-the-art Olympus Oer Aw machine.
– Each patient is provided with their own endoscopic outfit, ensuring politeness and delicacy.
– Patients’ personal items including blankets, bed sheets, towels, medicine cups, etc. are kept separately and changed after using.
4. Variety of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy methods
The Department of Functional Exploration – Endoscopy at TCI applies for many methods of gastroscopy – colonoscopy. These methods are divided into 2 groups: normal endoscopy and painless endoscopy.
4.1. Normal Endoscopy
Normal endoscopy at TCI includes:
– Gastroduodenal endoscopy through the mouth (without anesthesia).
– Colonoscopy without anesthesia.
This method has the advantages of the easy implementation, the quick preparation time, and the cost savings. However, the procedure can make the patient feel nauseous and uncomfortable.
4.2. Painless Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Thu Cuc TCI develops the painless gastrointestinal endoscopy methods to completely eliminate the patient’s feeling of nausea, discomfort, and pain:
– Gastroduodenal endoscopy under anesthesia.
– Anesthesia colonoscopy.
– Gastroscopy through the nose.
5. Highly-qualified team of doctors
Performing the gastrointestinal endoscopy and the functional exploration at Thu Cuc TCI Health System, patients will be directly examined by highly-qualified doctors. Doctors have many years of experience in the diagnosis and use of high-tech equipment. Specially:
– Doctor Pham Thai Son – 2nd Degree Specialist – Head of Department of Functional Exploration – Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at 286 Thuy Khue street.
– Doctor Nguyen Thi Hang – 2nd Degree Specialist – Excellent Doctor– Former Head of E Hospital’s Department of Gastroenterology
– PhD, Doctor Do Hong Son – Gastroenterologist– Head of Department of Functional Exploration – Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at 216 Tran Duy Hung street.
– Doctor Pham Duc Son – 1st Degree Specialist – Deputy Head of Department of Functional Exploration – Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at 216 Tran Duy Hung street.
– Doctor Le Xuan Thang – Head of Department of Functional Exploration – Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at 32 Dai Tu street.
– Doctor Tham Hoang Hai – Digestive Endoscopy – Head of Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at 286 Thuy Khue street.
– Doctor Nguyen Thi Thanh Hien – 1st Degree Specialist – Department of Functional Exploration – Endoscopy
– PhD. Dr Mai Dinh Minh – Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Besides, the Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Functional Exploration at TCI also gathers a team of technicians and nurses who are professionally trained, enthusiastic and dedicated to patients.
6. Dedicated and professional customer service
Medical services at the Department of Functional Exploration – Endoscopy in particular, at Thu Cuc Health System in general are always highly appreciated by patients. Dedication and profession are reflected in:
– The doctors are enthusiastic, cheerful, and make the patients feel completely comfortable.
– The nurses are friendly and take care of patients dedicatedly like family.
– Standard implementation process, endoscopy results are returned immediately after the examination.
– Free light meal after the endoscopy.
– Easy to book an appointment via call center, the professional booking service saves the time for patients.
– Payment of health insurance and many types of other guarantee insurances optimize the cost.
To book an appointment or get advice on services, please contact Hotline 1900558892.