Cancer is one of the dangers that can threaten anyone’s health and life. However, with the positive treatment and the exact regimen, cancer can be completely cured. Singapore Oncology Department – Thu Cuc Hospital officially came into the operation in 2014. Up to now, thanks to a staff of leading oncologists in Vietnam and Singapore and a comprehensive multi-modality regimen, Singapore Oncology Department has become an effective place for the examination and the treatment of many cancers and brings chances of life for thousands of patients.
1. The scope of service
Cancer diseases are treated at Singapore Oncology Department include:
– Examination and treatment of the lung cancer
– Examination and treatment of the digestive tract cancers: esophagus, stomach, colon, rectum, etc.
– Examination and treatment of the liver cancer and the pancreatic cancer
– Examination and treatment of cancers of the head, face and neck: nasopharyngeal cancer, thyroid cancer, tongue cancer, mouth cancer, laryngeal cancer, brain cancer, etc.
– Examination and treatment of cancer in women: Breast, uterine, cervical, ovarian, vaginal, vulvar cancer, etc.
– Examination and treatment of cancers in men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, etc.
In addition, many other cancer diseases are also being examined and treated effectively at the Singapore Oncology Department – Thu Cuc Hospital.
2. The staff of leading doctors in Vietnam and Singapore
2.1. PhD. Dr Lim Hong Liang
Dr. Lim is a well-known expert in the treatment of lung cancer and head, face and neck cancer (including nasopharyngeal cancer, tongue cancer, thyroid cancer, brain cancer).
– Former Head of Oncology and Hematology Department, General University Hospital, National University of Singapore.
– Vice Chairman of the Medical Council of the General University Hospital, National University of Singapore.
– He is a member of the Academy of Medicine, a member of the Society of Clinical Oncology and the International Association for the Research of Lung Cancer, and a member of the Singapore Cancer Advisory Committee.
– Dr. Lim graduated from the National University of Singapore (MBBS) in 1986 and was awarded a Japan JICA scholarship in 1992.
– Medical degree of Ph.Dr. Lim Hong Liang: MBBS (Singapore), FAMS (Medical Oncology), MMed (Internal Medicine).
2.2. PhD.Dr Zee Ying Kiat
– Dr. Zee is well-known in the field of gastrointestinal cancers treatment such as esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, anal cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, bile cancer, etc.
– Medical Oncologist works at Cancer Institute, National University of Singapore.
– Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and also one of the founders of the Singapore Society of Liver – Pancreatic – Gallbladder Diseases.
– Dr. Zee is a Bachelor of Medicine, University of London, UK and a specialist at the Royal Hospital of England.
– Medical degree of PhD.Dr. Zee Ying Kiat: MBBS (London), FAMS (Medical Oncology), MRCP (United Kingdom).
– Dr. Zee also received the Award of Clinical Research Support Grant of the Singapore National Medical Research Council, Excellence Service Award – SPRING Singapore Journal.
2.3. PhD.Dr. See Hui Ti
Doctor See is a leading expert in the field of the treatment of the breast and gynecological cancers such as breast, ovarian, uterine, cervical, etc.
– Formerly an oncologist at the Singapore National Cancer Center
– Medical degree of Ph.Dr. See Hui Ti: MRCP (United Kingdom), MBChB (Leicester, UK), FRCP (Edinburgh), FAMS (Medical Oncology).
2.4. Master.Dr. Nguyen Thi Minh Huong
Dr. Huong used to be Deputy Head of the Department of the Radiation and Chemicals at Hanoi Oncology Hospital, Deputy Head of the Department in charge of nutrition at Hanoi Oncology Hospital. With good qualifications and many years of experience, Dr. Huong is trusted by many patients.
Not only examining and treating the cancer are effective, but also Dr. Huong is known for her thoughtful dedication to bring a sense of closeness and peace to the patients during the treatment.
2.5. Dr. Le Van Bao
Dr. Bao is the Head of Oncology Department – Thu Cuc Hospital. With many years of experience in the profession and well-trained, Dr. Le Van Bao is trusted by many patients. Besides the devotion and enthusiasm for the patients, Dr. Bao is also the one who gets many trusts from many patients at Singapore Oncology Department.
3. Advanced and comprehensive multi-modality regimen
The patients are not only examined and treated directly with good Vietnamese and Singapore doctors, at the Singapore Oncology Department – Thu Cuc Hospital, but also they are treated according to an advanced multi-modality regimen that optimizes the effectiveness of the treatment:
– Combining strengths of many methods such as surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy, etc.
– Specially design for each patient based on their age, health status, tumor size, etc.
– Comprehensive treatment: destroy cancer cells, keep the healthy tissues in the body, limit the side effects.
– Quality is equivalent to the treatment in Singapore, no need to go abroad, saving the time and the costs.
Thanks to the multi-modality treatment with the leading oncologists, many cancer patients in Thu Cuc have escaped of the death and had healthy lives after many years of the diagnosis.
4. Modern facilities
The Singapore Oncology Department is fully equipped with the necessary and modern machinery and equipment, providing the maximum support for the process of cancer treatment.
5. Care mode
Not only optimizing the effectiveness of the cancer treatment, but Singapore Oncology Department also becomes a second home for many patients:
– Professional nursing team, the dedicated guidance, the thoughtful care like a family
– Luxurious, spacious, clean space brings the most comfortable feeling during the examination and the treatment
– Fully-furnished hospital room, patients do not need to bring any personal items
– Apply for the health insurance according to the state’s regulations and many types of the guaranteed insurance to save the maximum costs
6. A Story of Hope
“My family’s member had lung cancer at the 3rd stage, we thought he was certain of the death sentence, but fortunately he was treated with doctors at the Singapore Oncology Department – Thu Cuc Hospital, so he progressed very positively. Until now his status is stable and his health is much better. During the examination and the treatment, the doctors and nurses are also very dedicated and thoughtful, making my family feel very assured and trusted.” – Mr. L.T.H – Dong Da district, Hanoi city.