Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy services are strengths of Thu Cuc Healthcare System. The department is equipped with high-tech machines, gathers a team of excellent doctors, and offers professional and dedicated medical services. This has been a health care destination chosen by a large number of patients for a long time.
1. Modern endoscopic technology – Early detection of cancer
Gastroscopy and colonoscopy using advanced technology at Thu Cuc are capable of detecting gastrointestinal cancer at early stages.
1.1. Gastrointestinal endoscopy technology NBI 5P
The NBI 5P endoscopy is a technology using narrow-band light combined with magnifying endoscopy to clearly inspect the mucosal surface and vascular structure. Hence, doctors can easily distinguish benign or malignant lesions for early detection of cancer in mucosa.
This is a technique that uses stains in the lining of the digestive tract to detect the boundary and surface of the lesion. Different stains will be used at parts of the gastrointestinal tract, based on the staining properties of lesions to increase the effectiveness of early cancer diagnosis.
1.3. Endoscopic ultrasound
This technology uses an endoscope with an ultrasonic probe in order to evaluate the invasion and stages of gastrointestinal cancers.
1.4. Endoscopic mucosal resection technique
Interventional endoscopy treats early stage cancers with endoscopic mucosal resection to help patients avoid surgery and preserve the digestive tract.
1.5. Biopsy results provided within 24 hours
The paraclinical test results for a diagnosis of gastrointestinal cancers (esophagus, stomach and colon) usually take 7 days. However, at Thu Cuc, biopsy results will be available after only 24 hours.
2. Gastrointestinal endoscopy with general anesthesia
Automatic syringe pumps are applied in gastrointestinal endoscopy with general anesthesia to offer patients the most gentle and smooth experience. This device is capable of calculating the appropriate amount of anesthetic for each patient based on indicators, such as age, sex, height and weight.
The patient sleeps soundly during the procedure, absolutely without feelings of anxiety, suspense, pain or discomfort. Because the amount of anesthetic is calculated accurately and the anesthesia time is short, the patient will be awake immediately after completing endoscopic procedures. Patients feel comfortable after a short nap and have no side effects from the procedure.
3. Pioneering in hygienic endoscopic procedures
The Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Functional Exploration at Thu Cuc Medical System is the pioneer of applying hygienic endoscopy procedures. This procedure helps to prevent the risk of cross-contamination of infectious diseases, while minimizing paraclinical tests.
– Medical instruments such as biopsy forceps, endoscopic mouthpiece (a fixed mouthpiece for gastroscopy) and oxygen masks are disposable.
– Labels of instruments such as IV fluid, tube and alcohol cotton are intact before being used.
– Endoscopic tubes are sterilized properly by Olympus Oer Aw.
– Each patient is provided with appropriate clothes for procedures.
– Personal stuff for each patient, including blankets, bed sheets, towels and cups are kept separated and changed after using.
4. Diverse gastrointestinal endoscopy techniques
There are 02 endoscopic techniques applied at Thu Cuc Health Care System, which are endoscopy with and without general anesthesia.
4.1. Endoscopy without general anesthesia
Endoscopy without anesthesia services at Thu Cuc include:
– Transoral gastroduodenoscopy;
This technique is advantageous for several reasons which are easily implementing, reducing procedure and recovery room time and producing economic benefit. However, patients might be discomforted and nauseous during the procedures.
4.2. Endoscopy with general anesthesia
Feelings of nausea, discomfort, and pain in patients are prevented with the gastrointestinal procedures including:
– Transoral gastroduodenoscopy
– Transnasal gastroscopy
5. A team of good doctors
Using gastrointestinal endoscopy and functional exploration services at Thu Cuc Health Care system, patients will be examined by doctors with expertise and medical ethics. The doctors have many years of experience in diagnosing and using high-tech equipment.
– Second Degree Specialist Pham Thai Son – Head of Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Functional Exploration at Thu Cuc Health Care System
– PhD, Second Degree Specialist, Meritorious Doctor Pham Thi Binh – Former Head of Functional Exploration Department of Bach Mai Hospital
– Second Degree Specialist, Meritorious Doctor Nguyen Thi Hang – Former Head of Gastroenterology at E Hospital
– Master of Medicine, Gastroenterologist Do Hong Son – Director of Thu Cuc General Clinic
– First Degree Gastroenterologist Nguyen Thi Thanh Hien
– First Degree Gastroenterologist Pham Duc Son
– Master of Medicine, Gastroenterologist Mai Dinh Minh
– Gastroenterologist Tham Hoang Hai
– Endoscopist Pham Huy Cuong
In addition, a team of technicians and nurses who are well trained, enthusiastic and dedicated to patients also gathers at the Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Functional Exploration.
6. Greatly appreciated medical services by local and foreign patients
Medical services at the Department of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and Functional Exploration in particular and at Thu Cuc Health Care System in general, are appreciated by both local and foreign patients. Thu Cuc also provides maximum support for foreigners to visit and have treatments:
– Appointment is easily scheduled and arranged via call center for foreigners.
– Language assistance from an experienced team of interpreters is always available.
– Foreign patients with guarantee insurance are supported by the staff of Thu Cuc Health Care System thanks to the cooperation between the insurance companies and medical facilities of our system.
– Endoscopic procedures are performed simply and quickly with the endoscopic results delivered right after finishing.
– Medical staff is friendly, caring and dedicated to providing exceptional patient care.
– Free light meals are prepared after endoscopic procedures.
– Working hours: 7:00 – 17:00 from Monday – Sunday.
– Thu Cuc seriously implements preventive measures against the Covid-19 epidemic and patient classification for medical examination and treatment in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Health to prevent the risk of infection for health care providers and patients.
For more information or appointment booking, please contact our call center at 1900 55 88 92.